At TasNetworks, the safety and wellbeing of our people and the community is our top priority.
We’re committed to looking out for ourselves, our workmates, our contractors and the community every day.
We recognise the importance of a physically and mentally healthy workplace and how this contributes to the quality of life for our people and our community.
To be trusted by our customers to deliver today and create a better tomorrow.
In pursuit of a better tomorrow, we’ve established a long-standing partnership with the Menzies Institute of Medical Research, dedicated to improving the state of mental health in Tassie through research.
In support of the amazing work Menzies continue to do, we’re proud to be the naming rights sponsor of the inaugural Mind Games Race for Research.
What we do
We deliver power to Tasmanians.
We own, operate and maintain the electricity transmission and distribution network in Tasmania. We deliver a safe, cost-effective and reliable electricity supply to more than 285,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Our responsibilities include:
- Keeping our people and our customers safe
- Maintaining and replacing network infrastructure to ensure a reliable service for our customers
- Connecting new customers to the network (including small and large-scale generators)
- Investing in the network to support capacity growth
- Operating the network on a day-to-day basis, including all power outage restoration
- Maintaining the public lighting system
We own a subsidiary business called 42-24 that specialises in telecommunications, information technology services and data centres.
We’re undertaking a feasibility and business case assessment into further Bass Strait interconnection, in partnership with the Australian Renewable Energy Agency, called Project Marinus. A final feasibility report and business case assessment will be released in December 2019.